Sep 13, 2021
PhD Position/Research Assistant, Jacobs University Bremen
The Cognitive Science lab (Prof. Dr. Adele Diederich) at Jacobs University Bremen invites applications for a
PhD position/Research assistant (m/f/d)
(75 % of a fulltime position, TVL E 13, for three years)
It is to be filled as soon as possible. Responsibilities include scientific research within the project "Testing race models for the stop signal task: the copula approach" funded by DFG (German Science Foundation) and jointly awarded to Prof. Diederich (JUB) and Prof. Colonius (Carl von Ossietzky Universitat Oldenburg).
The stop signal paradigm is the dominant tool for investigating response inhibition in both behavioral and neurophysiological settings. The aim of this project is to investigate quantitative models for this paradigm via statistical analysis and simulation, drawing upon methods from recent developments in the statistical theory of copulas.
- University degree (Master or Diploma) in Psychology, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Basic knowledge of quantitative/formal modeling
- Some background in the theory of copulas is advantageous
- Very good programming skills (R, MatLab, Mathematica)
- Good command of English, both in written and oral communication
- No knowledge of German language is required. Jacobs University Bremen is an international research university
- Ability to work independently and in a team
Application documents (CV, complete list of publications, academic records, transcripts (copies) of certificates/degrees, and contact information of two references) will be accepted continuously until the position is filled.
Please send your applications in a single PDF to Prof. Dr. Adele Diederich (email@example.com) with subject "PhD position Stop Signal".
See http://adiederich.user.jacobs-university.de and https://uol.de/en/hans-colonius
for further information.